This newly acquired hospital has a history of its own. KPJ Sentosa KL Specialist Hospital started on 8 May 1952 as a private clinic – Tan Dispensary – at No. 329, Batu Road. Although there was a slight downturn in the economy then due to the end of the Korean War, the practice prospered. Later, we started a Maternity Home above Tan Dispensary and eventually moved to No. 315A, Batu Road, Kuala Lumpur (Foo Chow Association Building). In October 1972, we shifted to No. 316, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Kuala Lumpur, further expansion of our services. The name of the dispensary was changed from Tan Dispensary to Kelinik Sentosa Nursing Home in October 1972 and, subsequently, to KPJ Sentosa KL Specialist Hospital in October 1979. In order to accommodate the overwhelming response due to increase for the need of medical care, we expanded our services further and moved to this present building on 1 january 1993.