KUALA LUMPUR, 7 June
– KPJ Healthcare Berhad (KPJ) has been appointed by ProtectHealth Corporation (ProtechHealth) to administer COVID-19 vaccination at the Pusat Pemberian Vaksin Mega
(PPV Mega) Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KL Convex) beginning from 7 June 2021. This PPV Mega is organised by the COVID-19 Immunisation Task Force (CITF) as part of the National COVID-19 Immunisation Program (NIP).
At the PPV Mega KL Convex, KPJ will be administering up to 2,600 vaccinations daily, or about a third of the targeted total 8,000 doses daily at the centre.
In addition to this, KPJ, through 20 of its hospitals nationwide, is participating in the Pusat Pemberian Vaksin Hospital Swasta
(PPVHS) scheme and will be administering up to 3,400 doses daily by the end of June 2021.
In total KPJ will be administering up to 6,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccination daily by the end of June 2021. These vaccinations will be at PPV Mega at KL Convex and the 20 KPJ hospitals and will account for 4% of the targeted national daily vaccination of 150,000, the largest number of vaccinations daily by a private healthcare group on Malaysia.
“KPJ is fully committed and is demonstrating its support to the Government’s vaccination program by allocating more than 10% of its workforce and clinical expertise throughout Malaysia, which includes medical consultants, nurses, pharmacists, and administrative support towards these vaccination initiatives.We hope to support the government to increase the vaccination rate and capacity to reach national level immunity by the end of this year” said Ahmad Shahizam Mohd Shariff, President & Managing Director of KPJ.
The vaccinations undertaken by KPJ is part of the roll out of the Phase 2 and Phase 3 of the NIP, which will prioritise, among others, individuals at higher risk from Covid-19 infection such as the elderly, disabled, and patients with co-morbidities.
As the vaccinations are being undertaken as part of the NIP under CITF, all the vaccinations are given free of charge, with the cost being borne by the Government of Malaysia. All appointments and registrations for these vaccinations at KPJ PPVs are to be made through the MySejahtera platform, and vaccination appointments will be notified through MySejahtera, and no walk-ins without appointments are allowed.
In addition to the PPV Mega at KL Convex, the 20 Specialist Hospitals that will be opening their premises for the Phase 2 NIP are as follows:
- KPJ Ampang Puteri Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Tawakkal KL Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Damansara Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Selangor Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Seremban Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Perdana Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Pahang Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Johor Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Bandar Dato’ Onn Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Kluang Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Pasir Gudang Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Bandar Maharani Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Batu Pahat Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Ipoh Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Penang Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Perlis Specialist Hospital
- Kedah Medical Centre
- KPJ Kuching Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Sabah Specialist Hospital
- KPJ Miri Specialist Hospital